Why We Are White Refugees
Radical Honesty SA Open Letter to Shrien Dewani and Anni Hindocha’s friends and family: Shrien Dewani has zero% chance of fair trial in South Africa.
Response to Open Letter to Shrien Dewani, from anonymous friends of Annie Dewani / Hindocha, published on 31/12/2010 in The Sun: Anni’s Pals: We want some answers, Shrien.31 December 2010
Dear Anni’s Anonymous Friends,
My response to you addresses the following statements in your letter to Mr. Dewani. I would suggest that if you follow my recommendations, you are far more likely to provide Mr. Dewani with a free and fair trial, where you can find the honest answers to your questions:We would ask you and your family to leave this case to the police and courts, rather than joining a media battle with your PR agents.
You state you're innocent of these allegations so please go back to Cape Town to prove to the South African police why they've got it wrong.
We have heard South African police give Tongo's version of events but we have yet to hear you publicly make clear your full explanation as to why he's lying.
We would like you to volunteer to go before a South African court and show how Tongo is lying. We believe that this would help the public understand the following questions:
* Why don't you voluntarily go to court and show South African police suspicions are wrong?
What we want is the truth to come out and justice to be served, which is possible only if you answer in front of South African Court of Justice.
If Anni had been murdered in any other country in the world, I might indeed agree with you that Mr. Dewani should return to South Africa to stand trial, where you would hear the truth. But Anni was murdered in South Africa, where our police and courts are that only in name, and where our government has been bullshitting the South African public and world with the most spectacular public relations TRC FRAUD publicity stunt.
The truth is that Shrien Dewani -- just like any and every other South African citizen -- stands 0% chance of a free and fair trial in South Africa. Unfortunately citizens voting for the ANC don’t seem to be bothered with free and fair trials, perhaps because they benefit from a corrupt police and courts justice system.
Similarly Anni’s friends and family stand 0% chance of ever hearing the truth about what happened to Anni, from any trial occurring in South Africa.
If Anni’s friends and family were remotely sincere about wanting a free and fair trial for Shrien Dewani, and hearing the truth in any trial wherein he is accused; I would suggest that you ask the South African government to proceed with the matter as a private prosecution in England, where Mr. Dewani can be tried before a British judge and jury.
If you can’t be bothered with whether Mr. Dewani gets a free and fair trial, and you similarly can’t be bothered whether you hear the truth about what happened to Anni, then I would suggest you continue to believe the bullshit emanating from officials in the South African Government; whose lack of integrity and true nature was probably most accurately described by Paul Trewhela in the democratic socialist publication, Searchlight South Africa, as “the most successful Popular Front Lobby for Stalinism anywhere in the world.”
The only thing Shrien Dewani will get, and Anni’s family and friends will get from any trial in South Africa is a Stalinist show trial of lies and bullshit, as thousands of SA citizens get every single day, by policemen who can’t read, prosecutors who don’t know what forensic psychologists are for, magistrates who don’t know what passports are for, judges who are pornography addicts, court documents that are bought and sold, deleted and falsely manufactured, and magistrates and judges who ignore the corruption in their courts, etc. etc.
Questions for Anni’s friends and family:
- Are you aware of the reality that the South African government have been accused of Truth and Reconciliation (TRC) Fraud in the SA Constitutional Court; by the most honest politician on the planet: Dr. Brad Blanton, founder of Radical Honesty?
- Put differently, the most honest man on planet earth -- author of the Radical Honesty series of books, founder of the Radical Honesty community, former candidate for Congress in Virginia in 2004 and 2006, etc -- has accused the South African government of persecuting its own citizens, of practicing legal and political persecution and prosecution, and of deceiving its own citizens by means of the most spectacular TRC FRAUD PR PUBLICITY STUNT. These allegations are supported by an Affidavit from Dr. Blanton, in legal documents before the highest court in South Africa – the Constitutional Court -- and nobody knows about it!!
- Why not? Why are these very serious allegations against the South African government being censored from the world, by the South African Government and media?
- Are you aware of the reality that the South African government and its International Anti-Apartheid Movement (AAM) supporters (many of whom reside in your Swedish and other EU governments) have been officially accused of TRC fraud, in documentation – Boer Volkstaat 10/31/16 Theses -- that was submitted to over 160 European Union and International Officials, including Prime Minister David Cameron and the NATO: Military Committee Chiefs of Defence; c/o NATO Secretary General: Mr. Rasmussen?
- Are you aware that ANC officials (i.e. the party who now runs our government and police), endorsed the murder, assassination, persecution, torture and rape of their own ANC dissenting members, at places like Camp Quatro? Are you aware that the International Anti-Apartheid Movement (AAM), many of whom are in your Swedish and European governments, and Nelson Mandela covered up these assassination, mass-murder, executions, assassinations, torture and gang-rape atrocities committed by the ANC’s Military Police (Mbokodo), and had little objections to Camp Quatro whistleblowers who were assassinated?
- Are you aware that not one South African official has contradicted any of the TRC FRAUD evidence submitted to the SA Constitutional Court, or to the European and International Officials? In fact a few days after the Concourt documentation was delivered to Archbishop Tutu’s offices he abruptly announced his resignation and retirement.
- Why have you not been informed of this information by the SA Government and media or the Swedish media?
- What kind of friends let their friend go to a warzone -- with a higher body count of dead, tortured and murdered than Iraq -- for her honeymoon?
A few South Africa’s Police and Courts Stats:
- South Africa’s police and courts are the largest and most corrupt gang in South Africa. Why don’t you think there was any crime during the World Cup? The Police were all working double shifts, and did not have time to run their gang-warfare, hijacking, murder, robbery and rape crime syndicates!
- Murders in Police Custody have risen by 25,735% (25 thousand) in Rainbow Hypocrisy on Steroids SA!
- Farm Murders thanks to incompetent, corrupt and murderous police have risen 3,095% (3 thousand) in Rainbow Hypocrisy on Steroids SA!
- 70% of law graduates are unable to read; 70% of black matric students are functionally illiterate; what kind of justice system is run by illiterate lawyers????
The following SA Police and Court’s reports are from the Boer Volkstaat for African White Refugees 10/31/16 Theses Briefing Paper: [C] Rainbow Illusions: Truth and Reconciliation Fraud:  Zimbabwefication of South Africa: State’s Strategic Collapse, submitted to 160 EU and International Officials, available at www.african-white-refugees.co.nr.
Radical Honesty SA
A Friend of Honesty, Justice and Transparent Goverment
A Friend of Free and Fair Trials for All
Viva! We have been liberated from Euro-Centric Apartheid Educational or Rule-of-Law Security and Judicial concepts; Now we are Free to Africanize Education and Justice; with more Looting, Raping, Robbing and Pillaging! Viva! Liberation from Responsibility, Education and Rule of Law!
- Cop gives uniforms to armed robbers, 13/05/2007; SAPA/IOL: Police constable arrested for supplying police uniforms for a planned robbery in Nelspruit.
- Nel’s lawyer questions manner of arrest/Nel arrest was an order ‘from higher up’, 10/01/2008, Cape Times/Cape Argus: Gerrie Nel, the head of Directorate of Special Operations (Scorpions) , who headed the corruption investigation against National Police Commissioner Jackie Selebi was arrested at his Pretoria home in front of his wife and children at about 9pm. It was later revealed that the arrest, by Captain Tsietsi Mano and Snr Supt. Ntebo (Jan) Mabula was ‘on orders from higher up’. [Note: Mabula was recently appointed to head the Hawks in NW province and is in charge of the Eugene Terre’blanche murder investigation. See also Two cops who arrested Nel were unfairly rewarded and promoted, Solidarity, 25/03/2008, and Friends and Foes, 01/02/2008: Business Report: An overview of the friends and foes of Selebi, prior to his trial on corruption.]
- 668 Missing SAPS dockets in 2008-09; Minister cannot stay silent, 16/03/2009: There has been a 56% increase in the number of missing police dockets over the past year, the Democratic Alliance said on Sunday. In 2005 and 2006, 382 dockets were lost or stolen. This figure increased to 427 in 2007 and 2008 and in 2008 and 2009, 668 dockets went missing. The documents are used to record information that can be used for a prosecution. Only 6% (41 of the 668 cases), resulted in "disciplinary procedures" being taken against the police officers responsible.
- DA reveals extent of SAPS crisis, 16/03/2009: Forensic Science Laboratories: Since June 2007, we have seen a 93.8% increase in backlogs countrywide – up from 6068 to 11758 backlogged samples in the most recent figures released by the Ministry. [..] In particular, it is alarming to note massive increases in the number of backlogs in chemistry samples (up 103 percent since June 2007), questioned documents (4618 percent) and scientific analysis (61 percent).
- 2 held for impersonating cops, 26/06/2009: Two men arrested - wearing Jhb Metropolitican Police Dept. uniforms – arrested for impersonating police officer & stolen vehicle.
- ‘Polisie wou roof, kaap, moor (Police wanted to rob, hijack, murder), 18/08/2009: News24: 2 NW police officers charged with murder, attempted murder, robbery and hijacking, after attempting to get a motorist to pay an illegal fine.
- 500 Polisielede skuldig (500 Police Officers Guilty), 08/09/2009: News24: More than 500 police officers were found guilty of among others murder, rape, assault, robbery and corruption. 38 for murder, during 2008/09 financial year; 33 attempted murder, and 20 for rape. Total of 660 charged with illegal conduct.
- Top cops 'knew stats were cooked', 17/10/2009: Western Cape police commissioner Mzwandile Petros and one of his former assistants, Anwa Dramat -- now head of the Hawks -- were informed at least two years ago that police stations in the province were manipulating crime statistics, according to internal police reports leaked to the Mail & Guardian.
- Cops in uniform ‘gang-raped me’, Magdel Fourie, News24, 27/10/2009: Martie Olivier, a mother of three was allegedly repeatedly raped by two uniformed policemen in Kempton Park. The police refused to let her lay a charge of rape. She was repeatedly raped after her husband was irregularly arrested on an alleged minor traffic violation.
- DA: Rot has set into SAPS, 17/11/2009: A series of replies to Democratic Alliance (DA) parliamentary questions released today reveal that lost and stolen police case dockets are up 57%, sample backlogs at forensic science laboratories are up 105%, compliance with recommendations from the police watchdog are down from 42% to 10%, and only 5% of Hawks applicants have been vetted, meaning that at this rate it will take more than seven years for all applicants to be vetted.
- Police in crime conspiracy, 12/12/2009: Crime statistics manipulation into fudging of crime statistics: how police downgrade serious crimes, such as child rape, refuse to open dockets, or destroy dockets.
- Commander moved after escape, 30/12/2009: News24: Barberton police station commander & deputy transferred, after 31 suspects, mostly illegal miners sawed their way out of prison.
- Burglaries: Reservist fingered, 31/12/2009: News 24: Police Reservist Fingered for 8 house-breaking / burglaries (PMB), from same house. He sold stolen goods to pawn shops while in uniform, but after arrest was released for alleged “lack of evidence”.
- Senior cop held for corruption, 31/12/2009: News24/SAPA: High ranking police officer & constable arrested for stealing 18 bags of dagga from police evidence stores; constable helped to transport dagga to house in Nyanga township.
- Crooks-in-action: SAPS Crime Intel., 17/01/2010: Policeman: 'The allegations are that these three people received information from senior officers in crime intelligence to go to certain individuals who are businessmen, get them on video while they are receiving stolen goods, then they go in and they extort money from them. They say, 'If you don't pay me R100 000 by the end of the day we are going to arrest you.' And 90% of the time the people pay it. After they've extorted the money from these businessmen they go back to crime intelligence officers and pay them their cut of the extortion money.'
- Municipal officials accused of taking bribes, 21/01/2010: SAPA/IOL: Durban Municipal Officials alleged received bribes to hire underachievers to Metro Police.
- Cops deadly rampage, 21/01/2010: Cape Times: VIP Protection Unit Officer, Zamumzi Nombewu, 35, who guarded cabinet ministers goes on deadly rampage killing his wife, wounding two men, one a police officer and hijacking 3 cars, before committing suicide.
- 70% Law Graduates Unable to Read, 22/01/2010: According to Investigation by Council of Higher Education: 70% SA's law graduates been so badly educated that they can barely count, operate a computer, or read and write in English; while 70% of black matrics are functionality illiterate.
- Officers held for robbery, 22/01/2010: IOL: 11 Held including 2 Police Officers, arrested for 15 bank and business robberies in Ventersdorp, Orkney, etc. Captain & Inspector escorted burglars to targeted banks & businesses; if alarm went off, they would response, and declare it a false alarm.
- Political Outlook for 2010: Slow Death, 22/01/2010: Financial Mail: SA’s slow death from incompetence & corruption. SA drowning in policies and statements of intent, but implementation lacking. NEC members lack courage to speak out. NEC populated by cowards.
- Cop ‘too lazy’ to help victim, 25/02/2010, IOL: Police refuse to open a docket on attempted hijacking and assault against man who tried to hijack a Pretoria paramedic; who was told to open an accident report.
- Prosecutor stole dockets – but won’t go to jail, 26/02/2010; Sowetan: Former PMB prosecutor Amos Ngcobo, 40, who accepted bribes to steal more than 40 court dockets to fund his drinking, gets suspended sentence.
- SA police ‘lost’ 5,900 firearms worth R24m in 3 years, 28/01/2010: SAPS police officers managed to ‘lose’ 2,944 firearms at a cost of R16m over a 9-month period in 2009 alone - reporting them either ‘lost’ or ‘stolen’.
- ‘Polisielede’ roof, skok boer en sy gesin (‘Policeofficers’ rob, torture farmer and family), 28-01/2010, Marietjie Louw-Carstens, Beeld: Eight Heavily armed men, with semi-automatic weapons, 3 in police uniforms arrived on the farm of Okkie Malherbe (63) and his wife, Emmerentia (53), on their farm Doelen. The attackers tied up the family, shocked them with cattle prods and put plastic bags over their heads. They demanded money and keys for the gun safe, and stole R120 000. A neighbour activated the panic button, whereupon the attackers left.
- Police commissioner suspended, 09/03/2010: Divisional Comm. of Legal Services, Lindiwe Mtimkulu suspended, after damning report that Mtimkulu was incapable of making legal decisions, because she suffered from fundamental misunderstanding of legal processes. Mtimkulu’s Leg. Svc has backlog of 19 000 legal claims.
- Get-out-of-jail-free guards, 11/03/2010, Daily News: Minister says if prison officials are corrupt, no amount of security measures can keep prisoners in prison, after a daring escape by 8 dangerous awaiting trial prisoners from Westville Prison.
- Hawks swoop on top officer, 11/03/2010: Durban Police Station Commander arrested for stealing case dockets & hiding them, including one where he was charged with assault.
- Limpopo-boer vermoor (Limpopo farmer murdered), 12-03-2010, Beeld: A 65 year old farmer was murdered in Limpopo, by five armed robbers, one of them allegedly a policeman.
- 3 Cops held for Hijacking, 12/03/2010: 3 Police Officers arrested for hijacking courier services van in Meyerton: held him up at gunpoint, demanding he surrender vehicle.
- Boer vir 48 uur in selle nadat hy aanvaller ontwapen (Farmer in cell for 48 hours after disarming attacker of knife), 16-03-2010, Charles Smith, Beeld: Chris Grobler, 23 a farmer from Kroonstad, was attacked by a former employee fired for theft, who repeatedly returned to the farm to harass the family and had been removed by the police. He returned again with a knife. The farmer disarmed the robber of his knife, and called the police, who never came. The attacker filed a complaint, and the police arrived to arrest the farmer for hurting the attackers arm, when he disarmed him of the knife.
- Call for dead to be avenged, 16/03/2010: Sowetan: 7 serial killers, including a former policeman, appeared in court for murder of nine women, ritually murdered for body parts (ears and breast cut off).
- Cop shops (mis)managed, 18/03/2010: Station commanders are failing in their most basic duty of exercising control over police officials, dockets, firearms and vehicles. Weekly inspections are "generally disregarded" and national orders are ignored. Furthermore, station commanders and other heads have a "serious lack" of skills and knowledge. These damning findings are compiled in a report about what is happening at 733 of the country's 1 116 police stations by the police's national inspectorate.
- Sakeman aangehou nadat hy diefstal aanmeld (Businessman arrested after reporting robbery), 19/03/2010, Tom de Wet, Volksblad: Mr. Lucky Elisseou (41) a co-owner of the Spar supermarket in Riebeeckstad reported a robbery, and was then accused by the robber of attempted murder.
- Joburg cops caught kidnapping, 24/03/2010, Sowetan: Five people, including a 27 yr old policeman and 56 year old reservist were arrested for allegedly kidnapping and assaulting a Zimbabwean man, demanding he pay them R50,000 and hand over his Audi A4 in return for his release.
- Four cops to stand trial, 02/04/2010, Sharika Regchand, Mercury: Former station commissioner of Pietermaritzburg’s Mountain Rise Police Station, Hariram Badul was informed by Magistrates court that he and 3 others would stand trial in the high court on charges of racketeering, fraud and corruption. Colonel Yunus Khan, Captain Suresh Naraindath, Constable Patrick Nkabini, Pietermaritzburg police station clerk Edward Isaac and local businessman Sigamoney Pillay are accused of defrauding the state of equipment worth R1-million.
- Cops at airport without permit, 13/04/2010, Sibongile Mashaba, Sowetan: 3 senior police officers accused of drug smuggling entered a restricted cargo area of OR Tambo International Airport without permission, to retrieve a drug consignment from Brazil.
- ‘As lede nie hou van blou uniforms, kry hulle oranje’ (If police don’t like blue uniforms, they get orange’), 02/05/2010, Buks Viljoen, Beeld: General Bheki Cele said in Amersfoort that he is very worried about the level of corruption in the police in the province. According to him countrywide there were more than 10,000 police officers behind bars and the situation is getting worse as policemen proceed to even commit crimes in uniform. Today someone is arrested for 13 bags of drugs, and tomorrow there are only 3 left, said General Cele.
- Alleged drug syndicate to appear in court, 02/05/2010, IOL: A 14-man gang, including six policemen, seven Nigerians and a security officer are alleged to be part of a drug syndicate linked to an international network. The police officers (Sello Johnson, Molatedi Motsamai, Gilbert Weimers, Pule Ningiza, Johannes Motsek and reservist Constable Canon Mcharlies) helped the syndicate to transport drugs in and out of the Free State using official vehicles while on duty.
- Farm Attack: Female cop in court, 24/05/2010, Amanda Roestoff, Beeld: A female police officer was arrested following a farm attack in Schewizer-Reneke in North West, and police are looking for a former police officer in connection with the attack on Abraham Oosthuizen, 35.
- R30K to clear your criminal record, 07/07/2010, The Star, IOL: Three men, one a police captain were involved in selling a new form of ‘get out of jail free” card - for R30 000 they would sell you a new ‘clean criminal record’. This they did for Lucky Tileni Mathebula, stealing documents pertaining to his criminal profile and removing his criminal record from the police’s Criminal Record Centre system.
- Twelve police officers arrested in one day, 28/07/2010, SABC: In one day 12 police officers arrested, six in Northern Cape for corruption; six in Durban from the Tactical Response Unit charged with robbery and theft of firearms.
- Probe after top cops party [held at brothel in Sandton], 31/07/2010, Kafiesha Ajam, IOL: Acting Station Commissioner of Hillbrow Police Station arranged farewell party to for top cop, to receive an award for leadership, at a notorious Joburg brothel owners house.
- Dossier fingers top cop, 07/08/2010, Kashiefa Ajam, The Star/IOL: Paul O’Sullivan the man who blew the whistle on corrupt police chief Jackie Selebi has laid charge against Gauteng police intelligence chief Joey Mabasa, who he claims is involved with a gangster who has taken a contract hit on him.
- Meer wolwe in skaaps(polisie)klere as wat mense dink (More wolves in sheeps(police)clothing than what people think, 21/08/2010, Herman Scholtz, Rapport: It appears there are far more corrupt police than the public are led to believe. Rapport determined that in one courtroom in the Pretoria Regional Court, at least 45 cases involved robbers pretending to be police officers.
- ‘Cops rented guns, uniforms to thugs’, 17/09/2010: Graeme Hosken, The Star: A defiant police constable was arrested for allegedly leasing guns, bulletproof vests, radios, uniforms, blue lights and sirens to gangs of robbers for thousands of rands. It was believed that the arrest exposed what is believed to be the tip of the iceberg of a vast criminal syndicate operating from within the ranks of the SAPS.
- ICD Rep: 2 deaths by SAPS a day, 30/09/2010: DA: Rise in police criminality. Ind. Complaints Directorate (ICD) annual report, showed that the total number of cases received by the ICD regarding the police has increased by 4.2% to a total of 6375 cases in 2009/2010.
- High-profile cops had big money, 05/10/2010: A trio of high-profile West Rand organised crime unit officers received about R3million combined extra income from unknown sources.
- Corruption a ‘hobby’ in metro police, 07/10/2010: Corruption has become a “hobby” within the Tshwane Metro Police Department). This was revealed in a report by the Institute of Security Studies three years ago. The report, “City Blues: Corruption and Corruption Management in SA’s Metro Police Departments”, dates back to 2007, but nothing, has changed in the past 3 years.
- R80m stolen from Guardian's Fund, 10/10/2010: An estimated R80 million has been defrauded & stolen from the Guardian's Fund by corrupt justice officials & syndicates - Justice Min.
- DA: 74% Increase Referrals to SAPS, 12/10/2010: No. of dockets being sent back by lower courts for further investigation has increased by 74%; i.e. requisite investigations are not being carried out before a docket is referred to court.
- Judge slams corrupt officials, 13/10/2010: The time has come for courts to bring down the full wrath of the law on state officials who arrogantly breach constitutional imperatives, by acting with impunity and are not taken to task by government - mostly because of inability, unwillingness or political reasons.
- Mthethwa: Cele approved his house, 14/10/2010: Police Minister Nathi Mthethwa has confirmed that more than R3-million was spent on [Police Commissioner] Bheki Cele’s home.
- Cele in ‘conflict of interest’, 15/10/2010: National police commissioner General Bheki Cele was dealt a blow when his boss, Police Minister Nathi Mthethwa, confirmed that Cele himself had signed off the purchase of his R4-million house.
- 5 000 detectives lack training, 15/10/2010: Nearly 5 000 of the country's detectives lack the requisite 14 weeks of training for the job, police officials admitted to Parliament.
- SA a last on world citizen safety index, 17/10/2010: South Africa fails dismally in providing its citizens with a safe environment, says a study by the World Justice Project. According to its Rule of Law Index, SA was next to last on the list of 35 countries in the order and security category - beating only conflict-ridden Liberia and worse than Nigeria. Countries recently wracked by violence, including Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria and the Philippines, fared better than SA. The index measures how laws are implemented and enforced in practice and [how they] affect people's lives. SA's poor showing was underscored by the fact that 6% of respondents in 2009 reported a murder in their household in the past 5 years, 25% reported a burglary in the past 3 years. These are among the highest worldwide.
- Top cops ‘knew stats were cooked’, 17/10/2010, M&G: WC Pol. Comm, M. Petros & current head of Hawks, A. Dramat warned 2 years ago, in “Manipulation of crime statistics” report, by Jan Solomons, which recommends a full investigation, of “a substantial number of stations involved in manipulation.”
- 3226 SAPS Lost Firearms in 2009-10, 20/10/2010: The current SAPS firearm management policy and system does not seem to be succeeding in ensuring that police firearms are properly accounted for and managed. Yesterday, the National Police Commissioner Bheki Cele admitted in Parliament, in response to my questions, that 3 226 SAPS firearms were lost or stolen in 2009/10.
- Gov. has little idea of corruption cases: PSC, 28/10/2010: The government has no knowledge of what has happened to at least two-thirds of cases reported to its National Anti-Corruption Hotline during the past six years, says Public Service Commission.
- Konstable werf glo vir kapingsindikaat (Constable working for hijacking syndicate), 28/10/2010, Andre Damons, Beeld: Constable Tebogo Rasejane (29) from Brixton appeared in court with four other hijackers after he and another police officer allegedly recruited them to hijack vehicles for a syndicate. George Yassim (24), Frank Yassim (23), Bennet Kuzwayo (33) en Giro Ubisse (42), from Mozambique and Malawi were arrested for hijacking a van with R1,5 million cargo of cigarette’s and disclosed they were recruited by the police officers.
- R1.3 Million per month for consultant with matric, 30/10/2010: A consultant employed by the South African Police Service (SAPS), whose highest qualification was matric, was paid R1.3 million a month. This was revealed by Sindi Chikunga, chairwoman of the National Assembly police oversight committee, during a hearing with the SAPS and the State Information Technology Agency (Sita). The consultant’s mother had been working as a director and her father as a deputy director at the SAPS, Chikunga said.
- Cops put lid on nepotism, 31/10/2010: The police were granted an order interdicting this newspaper from publishing details of malfeasance and violation of laws by the SAPS Crime Intelligence – without argument – at the North Gauteng High Court on Friday night.
- 476 metro cops probed: bribery, et al 03/11/2010: More than 10 percent, or 476, of the Joburg metro police department’s (JMPD) staff complement have been investigated internally in the past year for allegations ranging from theft to bribery, assault and misconduct. But, of the 476 metro police officers probed by the service’s internal affairs unit, less than 4 percent – or a mere 19 officers – were dismissed. The disclosure by City of Joburg policing service’s management follows exposés by The Star and Saturday Star, into what seems to amount to criminal conduct and abuses by JMPD officers. The cases were reported in the JMPD’s latest annual report.
- Cloud over murder statistics, 05/11/2010: Discovery of unrecorded post-mortem reports and allegations of police negligence and manipulation of crime figures raises alarm bells.
- Lawyers to Sue Min of Justice, 13/11/2010: Jhb Attorneys Assoc. Judge Satchwell, Law Society of SA, angry about collapse of country’s courts.
- Porn lover, SMS pest back in robes, 13/11/2010: A magistrate who trawled Internet porn sites on his work computer and one who sent foul SMSes to a female clerk are back on the bench.
- Cop bribery stats the tip of the iceberg – Lead SA, 15/11/2010: A Lead SA survey that showed that nearly 2,500 people had bribed traffic cops over past 3 months was just the tip of the iceberg – Justice Project SA (JPSA).
- Illiteracy of high school pupils is shocking - MEC, 15/11/2010, Schalk Mouton, TimesLive: Almost half of high school pupils in Gauteng are illiterate, says Gautent MEC for education, Barbara Creecy. About 50% of Grade 6 pupils passed languages, 38% maths. Only 30% of Grade 3 pupils could read and write, with under 40% numerically literate. Going into high school about 50% of children can’t read or write.
- Cop identified as robber, Hanti Otto, IOL, 17/11/2010: Warrant Officer Silas Gafane, formerly of a Pretoria Specialized Commercial Crimes Court orderly, was identified in court as robber, who broke into the Erasmia home of Munawar Gafoor on 14 April 2009.
- Many law graduates lack essential skills - LSSA, 22/11/2010, Politicsweb: Law Society of SA (LSSA) is concerned many law graduates lack essential skills, due to substandard education. LLB graduates lack basic essential skills such as research, computer work, literacy and Numeracy, which places great burden on legal profession to provide skills, and places clients at risk of attorneys not properly qualified to represent them.
- Police to pay for farmers torture, 22/11/2010: Minister of Police to pay R500,000 to farmer illegally arrested, and tortured by police, on false charges of being a member of the Boeremag. Willie Nel was kept in custody at various police stations while being tortured by members of a special task unit, who kept him cuffed to a chair, kicked him in his kidneys, administered schocks to his private parts and suffocated him with rubber tubing.
- Man in polisieselle aangerand (Man attacked in police cells), Susan Cilliers, Beeld, 24/11/2010: Mr. Willem Pienaar is in hospital with severe jaw and kidney injuries after he was attacked by fellow prisoners in the Ottosdal police cells. It is alleged the injuries appear as if some of his injuries were inflicted with a whip.
- Prison official arrested after drug kingpin absconds, 25/11/2010, Changtall Presence, Eyewitness News: The Hawks have arrested a prison official from the Boksburg Correctional Centre for letting a notorious drug kingpin off the hook. The official reportedly tampered with the parole records of 72-year-old Solly Motsepe who was arrested in the 90s, after police found R20 million worth of mandrax in his possession.
- Bad cop gets top job, 29/11/2010, Anna Majavu, Sowetan: Officer fingered in fraudulent claims probe now heads tender unit at police headquarters. A former Free State deputy police commissioner earlier accused of abusing state funds has been transferred to police headquarters in Pretoria, where he now holds a key position. Independent Complaints Directorate recommended he be fired, instead he was promoted.
- ‘Pass black matrics’, 01/12/2010, Sne Masuku & Tebogo Monama, Sowetan: SA Democratic Teachers Union in KwaZulu-Natal calls for “biased marking” process in favour of black pupils from under-resourced schools.
- Three cops arrested for robbery, 11/12/2010, SAPA/TimesLive: Three policeman arrested in connection with a business robbery on the corner of Jeppe and Harrison Street, Jhb. They allegedly stormed into the jewellery shop, produced their appointment certificates claiming to be on official police business, grabbed the shop owner, pointed firearms at him and stole a bag which contained R25, 000 and an undisclosed amount of jewellery on Friday at 1.30pm. They were arrested on the spot by sector police.
» » » » [Letter (PDF): The letter was sent to the Hindocha family, c/o The Sun Editor; and to Dewani family, c/o Mr. Max Clifford; on Fri 12/31/2010 9:35 PM: Att: The Sun Editor & Mr. Max Clifford: RE: Radical Honesty SA Open Letter to Shrien Dewani and Anni Hindocha’s friends and family]